Monday, April 23, 2012

Impossible Cheeseburger Pie

This is one of my all time favorite things my mom used to make us when we were younger. The Betty Crocker version (here) is called 'impossibly easy cheeseburger pie' but my mom always said it was impossible because there was no way something that easy could taste that good. 

I made it tonight for dinner and Todd was a happy camper. So was I. 

Here's the recipe.  

Ingredients: 


1 lb ground beef
1 large onion, chopped
1/2 tsp. salt
1 C shredded cheddar cheese
1/2 C Original Bisquick mix
1 C milk
2 Eggs

1. Preheat oven to 400*. Spray 9 inch pie pan with cooking spray. (You'll notice that I made ours in a cake pan. I was a. too lazy and b. too cheap to go out and buy a pie pan and my mom said this would work just as well.) 

2. In a skillet, cook ground beef & onion over medium heat until meat is brown. Drain. Add salt. 

3. Put ground beef and onion in the bottom of the pie plate (or cake pan if you're so inclined) and sprinkle with cheese. 

4. In a small bowl, stir together remaining ingredients with a wire wisk until blended. Pour into pie plate. 

5. Bake in oven for about 25 minutes or until the top is golden brown and a knife inserted in the middle comes out clean. 






(hey mom, those are in fact veggies on my plate. Broccoli,  cauliflower, and carrots!!! 




"Impossible Cheeseburger Pie is my favorite mom!"

No comments: