Thursday, May 24, 2012

A Little Bit of Home

Oh my. 

Can someone please stuff me in a basement someplace next time I get the bright idea to drive 1,600 miles alone with a dog? Because I should be committed for attempting it. 

I left on Saturday and was delighted that my allergies decided to make the trip with me. By Sunday I was so sick I couldn't drive. So I spent Mother's day curled up in bed alternating between blowing my nose and sleeping and letting the dog out (who, by the way, was a complete angel the entire trip). 

Monday I made it to Omaha and had to stop. I hit a wall and called my mom crying. She called Todd and in an hour, he had a plane ticket to come and rescue me. My knight in shining armor and my fairy godmother (in the form of my own mother) saved the day and saved my sanity.

I was a day late getting to Michigan and I missed something hilarious (which is getting it's own post, by the way) but I was so happy to be home. 

And Saturday we got to party. Wanna see? 








I got to wear my dress again (score) 
I got to see friends and family that I haven't seen since leaving Michigan (double score) 
And the food that we had at the reception was to. die. for. (triple score)

Next time, though, I'll be flying to Michigan. 

No comments: