Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Meeeeeeechigan!!!! :D

It's weird how things work out. Last week I was at a really low point. Things happened. I lost my job. My stellar, oh my gosh, I love these kiddos job. But, it happens. 

But then a few days later, I got to go home! I had been excited about going home to visit for a while now, but it seemed like within the last few weeks, I NEEDED to go home now. 

So, T and I hopped on a plane at 730 am (getting up at 345 in the morning was so totally worth it) and jetted off to Michigan!!! It was the furthest east T had ever been and I was excited to show him where I grew up, have him meet my family, and have him with me! :) It was a wonderful wonderful wonderful weekend that I was sad to see end. 

Friday we went to Frankenmuth. In Frankenmuth is Bronners. Bronners is the honest to goodness biggest Christmas store in the entire world. It goes on and on and on and on. 

Kelly even met a polar bear. 


My mom found her white Christmas tree...we're both praying that she doesn't buy this gosh awful thing...but since neither me or Kelly really live at home anymore, we kind of loose our veto vote. Bummer. ;) 





Later that night, we went to a hockey game! My mom won tickets to a Red Wings game thanks to Michigan Hockey Online. They had a Twitter contest and my mom RT'd the link and she won! WOO! T has never ever been to a hockey game before (we're working on turning him into a auto-obsessed Hockeytown resident. We did a good job of it this weekend.) 





On Saturday, we packed up the car and drove to my second favorite Michigan city, Grand Rapids. My cousin Danny (center, in the green shirt) is getting married next month in Mexico. Since some people can't make the trip, they had a shower before they go down there! It was wonderful to see all of my family :) 


All in all, it was a pretty amazing weekend. Drama free (which is always nice) and a great battery recharger. I was happy to see those mountains come into view on Sunday night though. I'll be ready in a few months to go back home. :) 


No comments: