Saturday, September 10, 2011

things seem to change a little quickly around here...

So, three-ish weeks ago, I got a job. It wasn't my dream job, but it was a stepping stone. My foot in the door. The paycheck until I got to my dream job. The only problem? I kinda hated it. And when I say 'kinda', I mean 'a whole lot'. 

I was just at a complete loss of what to do. I hated this job, but I needed the money. I had made the decision to quit, but I needed to find another job. Literally the morning I decided that I needed to find a better fit, I got an email from a family that had found me through Sitter City. She needed a full-time nanny and needed for said nanny to start ASAP. 

I've always loved kids. My first job out of high school was a camp counselor at a day camp near my house. I've been babysitting and nannying since...well...since forever. I've always secretly regretted changing my major from elementary education my freshman year of college. 

Long story short, I took the nanny job. I've been there for a week now and I love it. The kids are (usually) picture perfect (unless you count the times when the 2-year-old screams every time his parents leave the room. haha) and I couldn't be happier. :) 

This past weekend was a glorious 3 day weekend and I got to spend 2 of those days with T. See, the thing is, when I moved out here I picked my apartment poorly. I live up near Salt Lake, T lives in Provo. Thats a whole lot of construction filled nearly 40 miles apart. Sigh. But we make the best of it! 

We drove south for what seemed like forever...


and ever. And ever. And finally got to our destination: 


The Manti, Utah Temple. Gosh this Temple is gorgeous. My pictures don't do them justice. 

On Monday, we decided to pretend we were kids and go to the zoo. Well, the ENTIRE SALT LAKE VALLEY seemed to have the same idea. I kid you not, we couldn't find a place to park. It was silly. We gave up. Instead, we went to "This Is The Place" monument (or maybe it's a part? either way...) which is the place that Brigam Young had seen in a vision and knew the moment he say the Salt Lake Valley, that they were in Zion. (Hence, "This Is The Place" monument name. Because he said that...duh) 


The monument was pretty big. It was cool to learn a little more about the pioneers and what they gave up and went through in order to do what they thought was right. It also paid tribute to the non-LDS explorers who had come to the valley before the pioneers and mapped a lot of Utah before it was Utah. 


I mean, could this valley be any prettier? 

I hope everyone had a GREAT Labor Day weekend. I know I was kind of happy to see summer end because it means fall is here. And fall means boots, sweaters, leaves, Thanksgiving, carmel apples, pumpkin picking, apple picking, and of course my favorite: 
college football!!! :D

Whats your favorite part of fall? 



No comments: