Friday, October 7, 2011

happy friday!

Last night these guys: 
(source)

beat the Yankees to advance in the Playoffs. Now, if you know me, you know that I really don't follow baseball. In fact, I think it's kind of boring. But, there's something about watching the team from your home town kick butt and shut A-Rod down. It's satisfying. ;) 

And Sunday, these guys: 

(source)
Are going to try to go 5-0. Yep. The Lions. Who have barely been able to put together one or two wins A SEASON for the last few years are undefeated. The last time they started the season out 4-0? 1980. 1980 PEOPLE! That's a very long time. 31 years actually. That's longer than I've been alive. How can you not get excited about that. (I may have started yelling 'SUPER BOWL! SUPER BOWL! after their win last week.) 

And the Red Wings are looking really good too. Overall, Detroit seems to be kicking butt in sports as of late. Last night, T texted me 'wouldn't it be funny if the Lions won the Super Bowl, the Tigers won the National Championship, and the Wings won the Stanley Cup the year you leave?!' 

...yeah dear...REAL FUNNY... 

Anyways, tonight we're going to the Salt Lake City home show and I'm making my momma's famous pot roast for dinner. Saturday, we're going down to the ground breaking for the Payson temple just south of Provo and then up into the mountains to see the leaves changing. Sunday will be church as usual. And Lions football. :)

Overall, it's should be a wonderful weekend. Lets just hope I don't ruin this pot roast! 

;) 

No comments: