Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Wedding Wednesday: Reception Decor

I've been doing a few posts here and there about my wedding inspiration. Even though I've only got a few more weeks (45 days to be exact), I'm still nailing down a lot of this stuff (wedding planning is exhausting, bee tee dubs) and I wanted to create an easier/consistent way of doing that on my blog. 

Ladies & gentlemen, may I introduce you to 'Wedding Wednesday' 

Each Wednesday, I'll post something wedding related. It might be Q&A, something funny that happened that week, or in this weeks case: inspiration. 

Our reception site changed since I last talked about the wedding and we decided to save mucho $$$ and have the reception at one of the LDS cultural halls down in Provo. While I'm all for saving money, I do have to admit that I looked at that darn wooden basketball floor and hoops and said "Uhm. Well. How am I going to make this look cute?" At first I was really discouraged and wasn't sure I was going to be able to make it look cute. Oh how wrong I was. 

Thank you Google. (Speaking of Google & the interwebs...congress, can we please not censor the internet so panicking brides like me can be reassured that it's possible to make a basketball court cute? I'm sure we'd all appreciate it. Thanks). I'm still going for the vintage shabby chic vibe...without the barn though.


Anyway. 


Source: google.com via Jacky on Pinterest




My inspiration for the reception decoration came from this photo. I found it a few weeks back and loved the simplicity and understated elegance. Sure, there aren't fancy place settings and the floor is a basketball court but the decorations draw your attention away from the things that might hinder the over impact and after a while you forget you're in a cultural hall. 


What are your opinions on wedding receptions? Do you want to have a relaxed reception that is really casual or are you more of the formal black-tie affair type?  


Make sure you come back next wednesday for some more wedding fun. :)


(note: please don't think I'm bashing cultural hall receptions. I'm not. I'm only pointing out my own flawed thinking and misconceptions. I think LDS receptions in a laid back casual atmosphere that the cultural hall brings tend to be amazing and sweet and all sorts of fun.)

No comments: