Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Forget Not

Tonight, as I was painting my nails prepping for a big (BIG!) day tomorrow, instead of switching on my iTunes, I switched on my Mormon Channel iPhone app. I don't really know why...but for some reason I felt like I needed a little spiritual lift before tomorrow. 

Before I knew it, I was listening to a talk that I've listend to about...oh...300 times. I love it that much. It's a talk given by President Dieter F. Uchtdorf at the October 2011 General Relief Society meeting. 

He uses the lowly Forget-Me-Not as a metaphor to teach us five things that we should never ever forget. I just wanted to share this talk so maybe it can brighten someone else's day or night like it always does mine. 

1. Forget not to be patient with yourself. Why is is that we are endlessly patient with others but short with ourselves?

2. Forget not the difference between a good sacrifice and a foolish sacrifice. President Uchtdorf says that sacrificing sleep to stay up with a sick or scared child is a good sacrifice...staying up half the night making the perfect accessory for your daughter on Sunday...not so much. 

3. Forget not to be happy NOW. Don't wait for your 'golden ticket' to come along because you are going to miss so many golden opportunities because you're too busy looking to the future blindly. 

4. Forget not they 'why' of the Gospel. Sometimes we view the Gospel as something to add to our already impossibly long to-do list. We focus on the how and the what of the Gospel but not the why. The gospel is not an obligation its a pathway leading to happiness. 

5. Forget not that the Lord Loves you. Sometimes you feel look at the little forget-me-not...and feel small and insignificant. You are not forgotten. Ever. 

The little forget-me-not flower is a symbol of the little things that makes your life sweet. Don't get caught up in the rush and race of life. Take time to smell the forget-me-nots.  


No comments: