Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Happy Valentine's Day!

I unfortunately had to work Valentine's day but Todd was wonderful enough to come up a little early, hang out with me at work while it was slow, and then went to my apartment to let the dog out for me. He went home with strict instructions to STAY OUT OF THE FRIDGE. I planned a dinner for a surprised and it was sitting in the fridge, so I didn't want him sneaking a peak. 

About an hour later I get a text saying 'Charlie looks hungry. Can I go in the fridge to feed him?' I laughed. Charlie may look hungry but if you've seen my dog, he could live off his fat forever. But, I felt bad and said yes, but stay out of the glass pan! 


For dinner, I surprised Todd with Creme Brulee French Toast (oh my heavens was it delicious), bacon, and hash browns. It was quite awesome. You can get the recipe for the french toast here. (I omitted the alcohol and in the end should have cut my slices of bread much thinner...but it was still good) 






My mom sent me chocolate covered strawberries and apples for Valentine's Day and Todd got me that cute little cake over there. And boy was it good. Valentine's Day is seriously a diabetic's worst nightmare. :( But it was totally worth it. Totally.  





Charlie enjoyed watching tv with us. He thinks that corner of the couch is his. In fact, he's there right this moment snoring away. 





 I didn't even have to ask him to do the dishes! I got up and he was already attacking them! What a good fiance. :) 




Valentine's Day was quite perfect around here. What did you guys do for the special day? 
:) 

No comments: