Monday, February 13, 2012

Grammy Faves & Not So Faves

I've never been much of an award show watcher. I think it's because I have a severe lack of attention span when it comes to these things. But with the passing of Whitney Houston just hours before the Grammy's this year, I decided to tune in and watch. I made it about 3/4 of the way through but lost interest after the horrible train wreck that was the Niki Minaj performance. 
The show kicked off with Bruce Springsteen and The E Street Band. Uhm. Love. How can you not love these guys? They're like the definition of American. Love. 
LL Cool J hosted. Again, I adore him. He gave a touching prayer at the beginning. He was right...although she is gone far too soon, we remain blessed to have been touched by her spirit. 
Bruno Mars's retro gold tuxedo, bow tie and dance moves were pretty sweet. His hair? Not so much...
What was Lady Gaga wearing? (But, why was I surprised it was outrageous?) 
Fergie...I can see your undies. It was a cute dress though...I just wish I wouldn't have been subjected to a see through view. 
The Coldplay/Rihanna performance = flawless. FLAWLESS
The Beach Boys tribute? Love. Even better? THE BEACH BOYS THEMSELVES! They remind me of summer, driving around in my VW bug convertible I used to have (I miss that car), and listening to them. Lovely. 
Taylor Swift's dress...to die for. Is there anything that this girl looks bad in? Nope. 
Adele. Adele. Adele. That is all. 
Jennifer Hudson singing Whitney Houston brought me to tears and gave me goosebumps and was just...wonderful. 
Niki Minaj...what? What in the world? I mean...I'm really not offended easily but her performance was a little...uhm well...not to my liking. 
ADELE. ADELE. ADELE. six for six is quite impressive. (and her snot comment.) 


Now on to my favorite (and not so fav) fashions for the night. (ps. is it me or is everyone else suddenly dressing a la lady gaga? Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery I guess)


My favorites included Adele, Taylor Swift, shockingly enough Paris Hilton, and Carrie Underwood. 


My not so favorites? Bruno Mars (mainly because of that hair.) and Fergie. 








S











1 comment:

Jessica said...

I loved Taylor Swift and Carrie Underwood! Fergie? Not so much lol. I love when people dress classy and don't try to be toooo crazy (Lady Gaga).