Monday, June 27, 2011

The last few weeks...

Have gone by in a flash! Seriously. I have no clue where the time went...I'm down to TWO weeks left here in good old Michigan. I'm fighting a daily battle with my emotions. Excitement has me one second and the next I'm scared. Not once, though, have I had one single second thought. I know, without a shadow of a doubt that moving to Utah is what I'm supposed to be doing. My entire life is waiting for me there...now I just have to get to it! 

Okay! So! The last few weeks have been a little nutty and I've been meaning to get an update up for a few days now. I figured tonight was as good a night as any because everyone is already in bed and I'm a little too wired to relax and go to sleep just yet. (besides, I never make it to bed before 2am anyway...) 

adorable adorable adorable 
This adorable puppy is Mika! My Aunt Jenny, Uncle Jon and cousin Shelby adopted her last weekend and the day before father's day my mom and I went over to meet the new addition. Isn't she just all sorts of cuteness?! 

We like to goof off while we're waiting for food
My sister and I had lunch with our dad this past week and, as always, my dad wanted to go to Hunter House. If you live in Michigan and have never had Hunter house, well you're missing out. They make the best (and greasiest) burgers in Michigan and its just...amazing...

I have a particular affection for Lake Michigan. For 3 years, I lived literally 15 minutes from the lake and would go out there when boy's stressed me out, when school stressed me out, or whenever I was generally stressed out (which was a lot, surprisingly...) Saturday, we had a graduation party to go to in Kalamazoo (I'll get to that in a second) that wasn't until later, so I decided that we should go to Grand Haven before so I could bid Lake Michigan good-bye one last time. I was excited to see there was a art fair in Grand Haven too! I seemed to have picked a wonderful day! I got some souvenirs to remind me of home and the wonderful sweatshirt you see above (it's actually white, not yellow like it looks like in the picture.) I liked it because I'm moving to SALT LAKE...and my shirt says unsalted...Isn't that funny guys?! (crickets) Well, I thought it was ironic and funny ;) 

Barn Party! 

Sterling's graduation party was later on. Let me tell you something about Ms. Sterling. She's amazing. I mean, I don't think I've liked any of Kelly's friends more than I like Sterling. She's from Kalamazoo so she was a border at Cranbrook. I think she spent every single weekend at our house, sleeping on 'trundie', eating with us, going to Kelly's hockey games, and generally becoming another sister. She is so mature beyond her years and I think I might miss her just about as much as I'll miss Kelly when I leave. 

So whats next? Well I've got a list a mile long of things I want to do before I leave The D...we've got Frankenmuth next weekend (helloooooo all you can eat chicken dinner!!) I'm going to go drive around the town I grew up in a few towns over and visit the houses I lived in, maybe walk around my elementary school play ground a while. We're going to make a trek downtown to go to the original coney islands and to Slow's BBQ (Which my mom and sister say is the best BBQ in Michigan) and generally stock up on some great memories. 

I'm sure there will be plenty of pictures to share 

And then...on July 8th...I'm off! Me, Charlie, mom and all of my belongings that can be crammed into the Escape are off on the 2,000 mile journey to Utah! 




No comments: