Sunday, June 12, 2011

Smile Because It Happened

This week was one of the most crazy, sad, happy, fun and emotionally charged weeks that I've had in a while. 

Wednesday was my sister's very last prom ever. It was all so bittersweet. She's growing up. I'm growing up. We're going our separate ways in a few months but I know that won't really be a bad thing. She's my sister and we'll always have each other. 

Prom day was sweltering. I mean 95* and humid sweltering. The boys were dying in their tuxes but they were troopers. Not one person fainted! They took pictures at the gardens that are on their campus. Kelly goes to a private school that also has one of the best art museums in Detroit and gorgeous grounds. Sometimes, I think I'm actually in Hogwarts when I'm on campus. Anyway, they took pictures on the grounds and they were beautiful

<3

Kelly and her date Mike. Literally the cutest couple on this earth. 

This picture is probably my favorite picture ever of us. We're ridiculous. 

Thursday was senior awards night. I didn't stay long because it was way hot and I was getting way cranky. BUT! I did get a chance to meet a friend of my sister's big sister who goes to BYU and we exchanged numbers and all that! So I might already have a friend in Utah! 

Friday was graduation day. There was a luncheon before the girls graduation. At Cranbrook, the girls and the boys have separate graduation ceremonies. It's a tradition that was started when the boys and girls were separated and never really interacted. If there is one thing I love about Cranbrook, it's how closely their traditions are followed and how respected the history of the school is. They have a special ceremony for when the juniors get their class rings. The graduation class hands down the 'power' to the juniors and entrusts them with the designation of 'senior class'. It's pretty cool. 

The ceremony was held in the Church on campus which was phenomenal. I cried several times. 

After the ceremony, mother nature surprised us with a torrential downpour and we were forced to take pictures in the rain. It was okay though. 

Sassy McSassy 

These girls have the most amazing friendship. 


She managed to look gorgeous in the shapeless white robe. I don't know how she does it. 

I'm so proud of her. 

  I still can't believe that she's going to college. I have my college degree. In less than a month, I'll be living in Utah. I know it sounds cliche, but I really can't wait to see what life is going to throw at me. 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great pics. LOVE your flowery dress!! You and your sis are lovely.