Wednesday, June 29, 2011

What do you mean I don't leave for 2 weeks?!

First, let's get a few things out of the way. Once I tell you two facts about me, this entire post will make complete sense. First, I worry about pretty much everything. Worry isn't quite the word I'm looking for...stress...I stress over things. The second is that I get overwhelmed quickly when it comes to huge decisions/life changes/moving. Give me a panty bar to straighten or a fuming donor and I'm cool as a cucumber but when it comes to my personal life? I'm a slight mess sometimes. 

Now that you understand me, I can continue on with my story. I leave Michigan in 10 days (it's still really weird to think I'm moving so far away). I have to pack up my entire life, a dog, and a mom into my Escape and drive a whole lot of miles. Instant stress. The whole packing thing has got me worried. I attempted to begin packing my car today. I've already got pretty much everything in boxes from my Grand Rapids move, but I was still feeling way overwhelmed. 

I stopped. Then, Kelly and my mom came to my rescue (as always). My mom is a packing queen and she was bound and determined to get all of my stuff into my car. And wouldn't you know it, she did! I still have a bunch of stuff to fit, but we managed to fit all of the big stuff I wanted with me!!! 

 Thirty minutes later my car looked like this: 
Mom's magical packing skills


Charlie even got his own bedroom!
It just reminded me that I have to continue to have faith in myself, the people around me and in Heavenly Father. I was sure taught a lesson tonight: never underestimate the power of a mother. 

There's only a slight problem. I don't actually leave for another 10 days! My car is ready now and frankly, so am I! It's going to be hard driving around with these in my car, knowing that my adventure is so so so close. 

Oh, and to make today even better, we added a new family member to the household! Meet my nephew Frederick James Blueblood III: 







1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You can do it, girl!!! I can't believe your moving day is almost here! It's so nice that you have your dog coming with you...at least you'll have one comfort of home. But you're going to do great! Good luck!!