Friday, June 3, 2011

Reminding Myself To Be Kind

Okay. So. There's been a lot of negativity going around lately. People jumping on other's beliefs, their personalities, everything and I (sadly) found myself drawn into an argument that I had no business being involved in and shouldn't have put my 2 cents in. I did though. And I regret it. 

I reminded myself that I took this pledge to be nice and supportive. I just wanted to put the button to the blogger pledge below and remind myself (and my readers if they're so inclined) what I had promised to do. 

I pledge to: 

create, inspire, and admire rather than compete with fellow bloggers

be understanding of each other-- in the blogging community, as well as in the world

stay away from internet/blogging bullying

speak my opinion freely, while still being mindful of other's feelings-- be tactful.

make an effort--no matter how big or small the gesture, to spread kindness or joy to others

acknowledge that I will make mistakes, (I am only human) but remember to learn from them
know that at times I will post about the negative stuff in life, and maybe even some complaining (I am only human) but I will always follow up with something happy/positive too.

believe that this world is a good place, filled with good people.


No comments: