Monday, May 23, 2011

Graduation Party Part 2!


This weekend, we had my second graduation party at home for the rest of my family that lives on the east side as well as some family friends. Both sets of grandparents were there, as well as my aunt and uncle, my parents, my sister and her best friend Sterling, my godparents, and some of my mom's friends from work (who have become close family friends over the years). It was really wonderful to have everyone together, all in one place, all at the same time. 

I was really excited that everyone is so supportive and excited for my big move. It's a huge life change for me and I know I'm leaving behind a lot of people that love and care for me for a brand new place with a smaller support system. Knowing that everyone in Michigan is so happy and supportive of me makes it easier to leave. 

We partied at Mitchell's Seafood Market in downtown Birmingham. Let me tell you, the food was amazing! It always is! If you live in Metro Detroit and haven't gone to Mitchell's, you're missing out! The staff was wonderful, the food was divine, and the company was perfection. My mom got my graduation cake from a bakery in West Bloomfield. It was the same place that did my high school graduation cake and I think it was the same cake on the inside too! It was wonderful (keeping with the wonderful theme that seemed to define the day!) and the entire thing was eaten by the time we left! 

It was sad realizing that my time in Michigan is almost up but I am so excited for what's to come. I can't wait to get my new adventure started! 

And, while we're here, enjoy some pictures courtesy of my photographer mother (and one by the budding photographer Sterling!) 

Sterling, me, and Kelly

My cool cake. 

I loved the pink and the polka dots!

My gorgeous family. I love you both so much! 

2 comments:

Alycia Grayce (Crowley Party) said...

such a great cake! :) congrats! Graduating is the best feeling ever!

Anonymous said...

That cake rocks!! Good job girlie, on graduating!