Friday, May 6, 2011

iBelieve

Being done with school and unemployed has given me a whole lot of extra time in my day. A few days ago through Ashley, I was introduced to the wonders of link parties! I clicked on the newest button on her blog tonight and was taken to The Mrs. She's doing a great linky party focused on faith (read about it HERE!


 I'm a recent convert to the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints and have finally found the place where I belog. I was raised Lutherean but after my parents got divorced, we kind of just stopped going. Fast forward to about 6 months ago when I found myself chatting with a Missionary online at like, 10 p.m. One thing led to another and on November 6, 2010 I was baptised and was confirmed a member of the Church the very next day. 

It isn't always easy. There are great misconceptions about my Church, but that's okay. It's why members are encouraged to be open about their faith. We want to bring people to Christ and help them fulfill Heavenly Father's plan of happiness for them. 

I believe the Restored Gospel is perfect
I believe there is a Prophet on the Earth today and his name is Thomas S. Monson
I believe Joseph Smith was a Prophet of God. 
I believe in the Atonement .
I believe in eternity
I believe that after being sealed in the Temple, I can spend that eternity with my husband, children and family.   
I believe in the power of prayer. 
I believe in the strength reading the Scriptures gives me. 
I believe that it may be easier to be mean to someone, but being nice is better for your soul. 
I believe that my duty as a mother and a wife is to raise my children and run a household. 
I believe that forgiveness is one of the hardest and most powerful things a human being has to do. 
I believe that I am a daughter of God and Heavenly Father knows my name. 
I believe the Book of Mormon is true. 
I believe in love, faith, hope and being kind to whomever you may meet in your life. 
I believe that Jesus Christ is my Savior.



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing your faith. :0) It's always great to learn what I can about others' beliefs! :0)

Megan Wynn Volnoff said...

Thanks for linking up!!! I'm so glad to have you at my party!! Great post, and thanks for sharing with us!!!

peace and love,
The Mrs.
www.mrsvolnoff.blogspot.com