Tuesday, May 17, 2011

"I Am Me" Monday and a little bit of Utah

 Ashley introduced me to a little thing called "I am me" Monday. Basically, you make a list every Monday of things you like about yourself. Call it shameless patting yourself on the back or self-esteem boosting or whatever you'd like, but I think it's a wonderful idea. 

I love my eyelashes. They're long as it is but when I put mascara on, they get even longer and prettier. 
I love my faith in Jesus Christ, Heavenly Father, and the Holy Ghost. 
I love that I am hyper-responsible to the point of obnoxiousness.
I love that I'm chronically early to everything. 
I love that I cry really easily. 
I love that I have an ability to love nearly everyone I meet within a matter of seconds. 
I love that I'm developing my mom's (and grandmother's) habit of talking to anyone and everyone about anything. 
I love that I've decided to move to Utah. 
I love myself. 


Oh! And while I'm here, I wanted to share some Utah pictures from today! The 530am wake up call to catch my 815 flight was completely and 100% worth it. The trip went really smoothly (even if I did have the obnoxious middle seat) 

My first stop was Temple Square (of course) and after my stupid in car navigation system lead me in the wrong direction about 10,000 times (I swear I'm not exaggerating. 10,000 times) I finally found it. I spent 3 hours wandering around, getting lunch, and wandering around Deseret Book. I picked up "Jesus the Christ" while I was there. I also got the chance to see an organ recital at the Tabernacle. It was gorgeous and I started to cry the second the organ started (I'm a softie that cries at the most random times). The one thing that kept coming to my mind was that I belong here. I could feel the Spirit so strongly the entire time I was there. 






I ventured down to Provo and Orem after and got lost. But it was a good kind of lost. I ended up finding my way to the Provo Temple completely by accident and got out to walk around the grounds. Seeing two Temples in one day made me so happy. I was struck at the beauty of the Provo Temple. Ever since I had first seen pictures, I thought it was boring and kind of ugly. The moment I saw it from about 5 miles away I knew I was wrong. It's gorgeous. I couldn't snap enough pictures to sear the image into my mind. 

Today was literally perfection.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Glad you had a nice trip! The photos are beautiful. Oh, and I SO wish I was able to be early to everything. I am chronically late!