Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Festival of Trees

IMG_1866




IMG_1882



IMG_1897



IMG_1907
Fudge Bar? Count me in! 



IMG_1908
Warm carmel + apples = a very happy Jacky (even if I did eat most of them and didn't share with Todd. oopsie) 



IMG_1915



IMG_1923



IMG_1929
I have a quilt that has these exact same girls. It was my dad's baby blanket and I have it now. It's my favorite. 

It's no secret that I adore Christmas. I love it. I love the lights, the trees, the food, the time I get to spend with my family and most of all, I love that it reminds me that Christ was born to save me. He was born to save you too. He was born to save everyone that came before him, were there with him, and were to come after him. THAT is the true meaning of Christmas. 

But, I digress. This weekend was the 41st Annual Festival of Trees. This event is done every year to benefit Primary Children's hospital here in Salt Lake. Every single penny raised during the three days that this event goes on goes straight to help the hospital. Pretty cool, right? Right. 

I wasn't sure if we'd be able to go because I've been working a lot of evening shifts but someone needed their morning shift covered today so I switched and got to go! After ridiculous traffic issues and walking about 10,000 miles (okay, maybe it was like not even .25 miles. It might have actually been just across the street...shhh) in the bitter cold, we finally got there. 

It. Was. Packed. 

But, it was fun too. 

They not only had Christmas Trees (like 10,000 of them) that were all amazingly decorated, they had wreaths, quilts, and a bunch of other cool Christmas themed things. The Tangled gingerbread house was pretty cool. So was the UP! tree. 

If you missed it this year, you should totally try to make it down there next year! It's one of those cool Utah events that make me love this place even more. 

No comments: