Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Looking Back

To say this year has been life changing would be like saying Kim Kardashian's isn't annoying. The biggest lie on the planet. (Okay, that was mean...moving on)

I was thinking about this tonight as the Christmas tree was serving as my nightlight and got all nostalgic. I'm getting ready to go home for the very last time as a single girl and it's got me all sorts of weirded out. It's crazy to think that this time next year, I'll be a Smith instead of a Riegler and will start making my very own family traditions with my very own new (small) family of me, the hubby, and the pup. Weird but pleasantly thrilling. 

This year has been one big adventure with lots of ups and downs and ups and downs. I went through my iPhoto library and picked some of my favorite/most meaningful pictures. I want to remember this year for the rest of my life. 


{January}


I pulled out my mom's sewing machine and started me new quest in being crafty.




{February} 


We had like 10,000 huge snow storms and I got stranded at home for the 10,000th time. One night we decided to walk to Kroger because there was no way we were going anywhere any way else. 


Kelly started her last season of high school hockey. After four years of proudly supporting the Cranbrook girls hockey, I was so sad to see my sister's time with them end! 




{March}


March was my last spring break as a student, so my mom and I went on a short cruise to 
the Carribean. The highlight of the trip? Kissing a sea lion. SO COOL. 




{April}


After 5 looooooooong years, I finally graduated from college in April! It felt so good to finally walk across that stage and get that diploma. Now, if only I could find a PR job... :)




{May}


In May, my favorite baby sister turned the big 1-8! I seriously can't believe that now she's finished with her first semester of college and is all gown up! 



May was a big month for me. I traveled to Utah for the first time. Fell in love with the place, found an apartment, and went out on the best (and last) first date I've ever been on. We'd been talking since February, but in May Todd and I finally finally met for the first time. I knew instantly that he was 'the one' (I even wrote it down in my journal at the time. I just knew...) I knew that Utah was where my future and heart was. 



Kelly went to prom in May too. This picture just captures who we are in an instant: 




{June}


In June, Kelly graduated from high school! Holy goodness how time flies. I remember graduating from high school...how is it that my baby sister graduated this year? How am I getting so stinkin old?



{July}
In July, I uprooted my entire life, packed up my car, threw the dog in the car and with the help of my wonderful mother, moved 1,600 miles from the only home I'd ever known and went to Utah. Best decision ever. Ever. 





Todd and I picked up where we left off in May and continued seeing each other seriously. By the end of July, I was in love and 100% certain I had finally met the man I was going to marry. 





{August}


August was filled with job searching and spending more and more time with Todd. It was a delightful month really. 





{September}


September brought me to my birthday. I turned 23 this year and was so happy I got to spend it with Todd and eat at the deeeelicious cheesecake factory. YUM. 




I also was lucky enough to go home for my birthday and my mom's birthday with Todd. It was so much fun showing him where I grew up, went to college, and introducing him to my family. And going to the Red Wings game was an added plus! 




{October}


October was an even bigger life changing month. We first had the chance to go to General Conference. It was such a blessing. 


And then...Todd popped the question! We were (and still are) ecstatic!!! 



{November}


November brought Thanksgiving and by the grace of God, I got some time off of work and was able to fly home for a few days. It was delightful. 




We also took some time out to go up to Temple Square. So pretty. 


{December}


We got tickets to the Christmas devotional and it was an amazing way to kick off the Christmas season. 


December isn't over yet and there are still so many things that are going to go on in the next few days. Working in retail the last week before Christmas is always an adventure. I'll be going crazy by Thursday for sure. Speaking of Thursday, I have my second dress fitting on Thursday! Excited would be an understatement. Then there's going home, spending Christmas with my family, coming back and then spending New Year's with Todd. 

It's been one heck of a year and I can't wait for what 2012 has in store for me. :)

No comments: