Saturday, December 31, 2011

I Hate New Years Resolutions

I guess you could call me the New Years Grinch. I just think most resolutions are so...cliche. Like, duh, we all want to loose weight, eat healthier, work out more, blah blah blah...so usually I just ignore this whole ritual completely but I decided to challenge myself this year. 

So even though I hate resolutions, I've decided to give myself a chance at a new start. A chance to develop new habits and maybe change myself for the better this year. 2012 is going to be a year filled with insane and crazy changes. Why not throw a few more positive changes in there for good measure?

1. In 2012, I will pray every single day. Before I get out of bed. Before I go to sleep at night. During the day. During the night. I will pray always

2. In 2012, I will eat clean. My health needs to be one of the most important things in my life. If I want to live a long life for my family, my body needs to be able to do it's job. Fast food will not allow it to do that. Clean, nutritious food will give me the life I want and need to live. 

3. In 2012, I will speak words of kindness instead of words of hurt. I will live a life like the life Christ led while he was here. Kindness, understanding, meekness, patience. 

4. In 2012, I will blog at least 3 times a week. This is my diary. A physical manifestation of my life as a newly wed and a way to show my children what our life was like before they came to us. I will blog not only for my benefit, but for the benefit of others. Life lessons, recipes, projects I'm working on...everything. I will work on growing my audience in order to be able to reach people that I have yet to find. 

5. In 2012, I will read my scriptures at least 5 times a week, if not every single day. Studying the scriptures will bring me closer to Heavenly Father and allow me to continually grow my testimony and relationship with my Savior. 

6. In 2012, I will save more money than I spend. I have a future family that I have to think of now. Instant gratification must take a back seat if I want to obtain the goals Todd and I have set for each other. 





No comments: