Thursday, December 8, 2011

First Presidency Christmas Devotional

IMG_1942


IMG_1940
(Todd...you have the better version of this picture...I know you're reading this! Send me that picture! please. :) love you!)


IMG_1948


IMG_1949


IMG_1950


IMG_1956

I'm not really sure how this keeps happening, but I keep getting lucky. First, we got last minute tickets to General Conference in October and then we got tickets to the First Presidency Devotional (you can watch the whole thing here) that was last weekend. But I'm not complaining. :) 

Every time I go downtown and just sit in the presence of this Temple is so overwhelming. It's one of those places that no matter what, you can always feel the spirit. And the Christmas lights make it even more amazing. 

Anyways, the devotional was exactly what I needed to really get me into the Christmas spirit. President Monson talked about how we need to not forget the true meaning of Christmas, which is the birth of Jesus the Christ and not to let it turn into a commercialized holiday. I've made an effort to do that this year. The reason we get to celebrate is because Christ chose to come to earth, knowing he'd have to die for all of us. THAT is the true meaning of Christmas. 

No comments: