Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Christmas At Temple Square

I have been looking forward to this for MONTHS. Ever since I moved here and saw pictures of the lights at Temple Square I've been dying for it to finally be here. 

When I got back into town on Sunday, Todd came to pick me up at the airport. We were planing on going to see the lights after it got dark. So after dinner, we climbed into the car and drove up there.

Learning experience number 1:
 I was thinking that it was going to be deserted up there because it was Sunday and around here, people generally stay at home on Sunday. Holy heavens I was dead wrong. We had so much trouble finding a place to park. I mean, we had an easier time parking for General Conference last month! THAT CROWDED. It had to have taken us like 20 minutes just to find parking. I finally found an empty parking lot a block away and went in the out and disobeyed the sings that clearly said 'do not enter'. Psh. I'm a Riegler, we don't follow rules. Right mom? ;) 

Learning experience number 2:
Just because it's quite warm at 50* during the day, as soon as the sun goes down it gets real cold. Going out in 39* weather with just a sweater was a dumb idea. And walking around in skinny jeans and flats with a whole lot of foot exposed makes for really cold feet. Next time, I'll bring my mittens. 

Learning experience number 3: 
When going to Temple Square to see the Christmas lights, it's a really dumb idea to leave your camera behind. As much as I love my iPhone's camera, it just didn't catch the beauty of the lights. 

Oh well. Lessons learned I guess. It was a fun night even though I was freezing my hands and feet off. 







No comments: