Saturday, November 19, 2011

Our Story :)

I was looking back at old blog posts from when I first moved here tonight (am I the only one that goes back through my blog every once in a while? yes. oooohkay.) and realized that I had said that I would write down T and I's story soon and I never did. I was waiting for the right time, and I think now is that time! 

Meet Todd! 

He's a pretty rad guy. (did I just seriously use the word rad in a sentence? yep. deal with it.) 

Wanna know why?

Well for starters he's one of the most honest, humble, caring and kind man I have ever met in my entire life. He brings me flowers for no reason, always texts me good morning, and always says he loves me before he goes to bed. 
He has such a strong testimony of the Gospel, Jesus Christ, and Heavenly Father. His testimony strengthens mine every single day. 
He makes me laugh. Seriously, we can't go 5 seconds without completely cracking up over something trivial and goofy. 
He's got the most gorgeous blue eyes (I've always been a sucker for blue eyes. They're divine) 

I could go on, but I'll spare you guys the mushy stuff. And I promised to tell you our story. 

It started around February. I had made the decision to move to Utah after graduation about a month earlier. One night I was talking to a friend and was worrying about moving across the country to a place where I knew no one. She suggested I try online dating. I balked at the idea. Only people who can't get a date use online dating sites, right? She convinced me that that was totally not the truth, telling me that her best friend had met her husband on a dating site. And, she said, what's it going to hurt? The worst thing that happens is that I meet a few people, have few disastrous dates, and then find someone in my singles ward. The best thing? I could meet some new friends, get some good dates out of it and not much more. I honestly didn't expect to meet my soulmate there. 

So, I bit the bullet and signed up. We started talking a few weeks after I signed up and I was starting to really like him. Then he disappeared on me. He stopped emailing me and I chalked it up to him not being attracted to me or whatever. Fine. But, a few weeks later I heard from him again! Yay! 

Then, my membership expired. I couldn't afford to renew but I was bummed that it was going to expire before I got the chance to get his email or something. As a last ditch effort, I sent him a quick message telling him to email me at my regular email address and that I wasn't going to be on the site anymore. Then, I hoped he got it/followed through. A few days later, he friend requested me on Facebook! I was SO surprised. And happy. 

We continued to talk over Facebook for a while. Then, he disappeared on me AGAIN!! The jerk! ;) But, I was happy when he messaged me again a month later. This was in March. In May, I visited Utah to find an apartment and we ended up going out to dinner to this cute little Mexican restaurant. We ended up talking for so long that we closed the place down! All of a sudden, a few hours had passed and the wait staff were shooting us dirty looks. :) I had never ever had such a good first date before! 

After that, I was smitten. :) I went back to Michigan and we kept in touch. It was hard, but we made it work. We texted and talked on the phone regularly. 

One day, he stopped returning my texts. I was so bummed. I was sad that he just ditched me and didn't give me an explanation or anything. Later that night, I hopped on Facebook and saw he was online and I messaged him asking what the deal was. He asked me the same thing! Turns out, his phone was acting up and he hadn't gotten any of my texts! (When the problem got fixed he got all of my texts from that entire day at once. Oopsie) That was the day I realized I really had feelings for him. The fact that he wasn't in my life anymore was really upsetting and I knew that I didn't want to go through that again. It was so not fun. 

Fast forward a few months, and I was moving out to Utah. On my first night, he drove all the way from Provo to Salt Lake City just to have dinner with me. What a sweetie! My mom watched the pup in the room, and we went out on our second date. After dinner, we decided to go over to Temple Square and walk around. That was where we had our first kiss (sickeningly cute right? haha) and I knew that he was the one. (Yep. After 2 dates. What can I say? Sometimes when you fall, you fall) 

The rest, as they say, is history. 

I am so unbelievably lucky to have found him. I'm so lucky that I was able to move to Utah when I did. It allowed us to get closer. When I sit down and think about all the things that had to align to allow us to meet, it boggles my mind. I really am the luckiest girl in the entire world and on March 9th 2012, we're going to be sealed for time and all eternity.


:) 



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Congrats on the engagement!!!