Wednesday, November 30, 2011

So Good To Be Home

I was so blessed to be able to go home for Thanksgiving this year. As usual, there was a lot of laughing, food, naps, shopping, and just general being togetherness that defines being home for the holidays. The only thing that would have made it perfect would have been Todd being with me. :) 





Brining the turkey the night before! It makes it all sorts of yummy. 


Bacon wrapped water chestnuts. Yep, they're as good as they sounds. Delicious. 


We were super lucky to have 2 Thanksgivings this year! My grandma was unfortunately in the hospital when I flew in so we were planning on going to the hospital and sneaking her in some food. But, my dad called us on Thanksgiving afternoon and said she was being released Yippee! So after my mom's side of the family left, we piled in the car and went over to see my grandma and grandpa Riegler. My cousins stopped by so I got to see them too. And, even though my dad was working, he took a few minutes to come see me and have some food! 



We have another tradition in our house. After Thanksgiving the Christmas tree goes up! Since I was home this year (for some reason I wasn't around to put of the tree last year. We can't seem to remember why though.), we made sure that we put it up before I left. On Saturday, we pulled out all the boxes, moved a few chairs and tables, and put up our little tree. It was instant Christmas. 

My next challenge is turning my little apartment here into a Christmas wonderland. I'm on a way super tight budget this year (weddings are expensive man) but I'm determined to have a cute little Christmas and make it feel like home. 


No comments: