Sunday, November 6, 2011

Happy Birthday to Me!

I can hear it already...

Uh, Jack...your birthday was a few months ago. You wrote about it on here, remember. Don't you think it's too early for you to be losing your mind?! 

I'm not talking about that birthday though! I'm talking about my other birthday! My baptism birthday is today. On this day one year ago (at 11am Detroit time I believe) I was able to begin my life again with a clean slate because I was born into the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. 

It's kind of crazy thinking about how much my life has changed in a year. I think this year was one of the most exciting, terrifying, fun, and intense years I've ever had. 

- I found my place in this world. 
- My relationship with Christ and my Heavenly Father is stronger than it has ever been. 
- I moved 1,600 miles away from the only home I've ever known. 
- I met the man I'm going to spend time and all eternity with. 
- I graduated from college. 
-I became a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. 

(I'm going to warn you now, this part is going to get all mushy and stuff. I won't be offended if you want to smack me because I'm being sentimental and I won't blame you if you stop reading :) ) 

I am so happy with where I am in life. I've been searching for this happiness my entire life and I can't really remember a time before this that I was this blissful. I really owe it all to Heavenly Father. I know that I'm where I need to be to fulfill my purpose and I only hope I can live up to His expectations. 

Getting married and starting a family is going to be so fun. And hard. And trying. We're going to struggle and we're going to probably fall on our butts a few (or a lot) of times but the funny thing is, I'm not scared. This is what my purpose on this earth is: to be a wife to a worthy priesthood holder and a mother to the children that Heavenly Father entrusts me with. 

I am so thankful for the missionaries that sacrificed two years of their lives in order to better mine. I couldn't have done any of this without them. Especially the first two missionaries I met. Both of them are home now and I'm so grateful I got the chance to meet them. The three Elders taught me so much and I miss them so dearly. 

I am so thankful for a supportive family who have been there for me no matter what. Especially my mom. Even though my baptism was something that she didn't understand, she still supported me and came. That meant more to me than I think she knows (although she will know, because I know she's reading this. HI MOM!) 

I am so thankful for my future husband. He makes me a better person and makes me want to live more like Christ. He's an amazing example to me and I couldn't do this without him. He makes me laugh when all I want to do is break down and cry. And when I do break down and cry, he's there. He's one of the few people in this world that can actually calm me down when I'm freaking out. And believe me, I'm a pretty emotional person so that can be a challenge. I'm so thankful he wants me to be able to stay at home with our kiddies when we do have some and I'm thankful that he's willing to work to support us when that time does come. 

I am so thankful for the Book of Mormon, the Bible, Joseph Smith, Heavenly Father, Jesus Christ, and the Holy Ghost. I am so thankful that I have finally found a religion that has everything right. The Gospel is a beautiful and perfect thing if you take the time to study and understand it. I'm still learning, but I'm on my way to being able to do it. 

Everything that I am thankful for is a direct blessing from God. I know it is. I couldn't have done it without the Gospel, Heavenly Father and His son Jesus Christ. I am so thankful for the decision I made to devote my life to Christ exactly one year ago. It's made all the difference in the world. 


Please pretend I'm not wearing a hideous white jump suit ;) 

No comments: