Sunday, April 24, 2011

One Piece of Paper Changed My Life

So today was a big day. Talk about Easter being a great time for new beginnings...

To kind of give you some background, I was planning a trip out to Utah in June (I had even started a blog post about it but never finished) because I want to move out there. Yeah, I can hear it now, Jacky could you BE any more Mormon??? haha. I can hear the jokes already. But seriously, there really isn't anything in Michigan for me socially or professionally.

But I digress...I had planned on visiting in June then getting my butt back as soon as I could make enough money. Them last night, I was talking to my mom and had a slight melt down. It was the whole 'oh my gosh, I have no direction and I'm scared' story. I just suddenly felt so...lost. And I always have a plan. I'm never lost. I just lost it and started sobbing. I was so scared to come home because I didn't see a way out. I was scared of getting caught at home and not getting out. My mom talked me down (as usual. I'd be a mess without her. Seriously) And had me calmed down enough to go to bed.

This morning I went to Sacrament and then left early to meet her and my sister half way between my house and theirs for Easter Sunday lunch and my mom, being the cool mom that she is, handed us easter baskets! How cool right?!

But the most important thing was in an envelope that was in my mom's purse. She handed it to me and said "Happy early graduation. I want you to be happy." I opened it and basically, I can go out to Utah now regardless of a job or not.

Words cannot really explain how blessed I am and how thankful I am to my mom and Heavenly Father. It's been so easy...and now this happens and it's even easier. It's like He's pushing me towards Utah because I belong there. I know I belong there.

So, in June, I'll be on my way to becoming a Utah resident! :)

No comments: