Tuesday, July 19, 2011

llamas, temples, and rainbows oh my!

It's strange how I've only been in Utah for a week but it already feels like home. I mean with a view like this: 
how on earth can you not fall in love with the valley?

When my mom was still in town, we drove down to Orem to have dinner with T (aka the boy) on her last night. After dinner, we took a drive so my mom could see BYU and all that cool Utah goodness. As we were driving, we saw a sign that said : 
LLAMA FEST. 

If there's one thing that you must know it's that I get a little excited and carried away when I like something. In this case, it was my love for llamas that had me begging T to take me the next day. He was a good sport and drove us down to Spanish Fork to see the llamas. The festival was at a Hindu temple in the middle of this rural area. It was such a random place to find such beauty. (when I get the motivation, I'll upload better pictures so you know that I mean) 


From the top of the Hindu temple. 


How lucky is this little girl?! She OWNS a llama! 


There was even a llama obstacle course. 


Last night I was feeling restless. I threw Charlie in the car and went for a drive. I had been pretty down and homesick the entire day and was not in a good mood. Then, I saw...a pretty rainbow! I knew it was Heavenly Father telling me that every thing will be okay. I trust him. 


After the rainbow event, I was feeling more at peace. Something told me I needed to go up to the Oquirrh Mountain Temple. This temple is so pretty and for some reason I'm drawn to it more than any other Temple. It was dark by the time I got there, but I got a treat and got to see the entire valley and the Temple lit up. Words can't really describe how I felt then. 







Tonight, T and I had our own little FHE instead of us going to our respective YSA wards. We watched a movie then once it was dark, I drove up to the same Temple that I had visited the night before. I only tried to kill us once by running a red light and crossing 2 lanes of traffic to run said light...T was a good sport about it. If I scared him, he didn't say it. ;) 

We took a walk (or two...or three) around the grounds. The feeling there is so quiet and peaceful. It was kind of cool to see like 3 or 4 other couples just doing what we were doing. One couple was even laying in the grass, staring up at the Temple. 

Even getting attacked by sprinklers three times didn't dampen the mood. ;) 

All in all, these last few days have been pretty awesome. I know I'm going to face trials here but for now, I'm enjoying the ride and loving every second I get to live in this magnificent place. 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Llama Fest? For real??? What kind of place did you move to, anyway? haha, just kidding. We all love a little Llama now and then. "Tina, eat your ham!!!" LOL! Sorry, it's late, and I am cracking myself up. :0)
It's so great that you're enjoying your first week in Utah, but girl, DRIVE SAFE!!!! ;0)

Anonymous said...

Oh, and PS: Your last comment on my blog was so sweet. I heart you!