Thursday, July 7, 2011

stay strong grand rapids

Grand Rapids is my second home. I've grown so attached to this city. I didn't really realize how attached until tonight. 

A man murdered 7 people today in my city. 2 of them were children. He's holding 2 people hostage right now. He's already 'traded' the third person for Gatorade. 

I just...my heart is breaking. He killed 7 people in two different houses then led police on a chase through downtown and then shot at police 2 blocks from where I used to live. One of my best friends lives 5 miles from where he's holding people hostage. 

My precious city needs your help. Please. Pray for a safe resolution to this standoff. Pray for the officers putting themselves in harms way. Pray for the families of the victims and the victims themselves. 

I just...I just wish I could do something. I feel so helpless. I'm just so sad. 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Jacky...I'm praying right now!!! Hugs and prayers to you and your city, girlie! In our world, the unthinkable can happen right next door... but we have a big God who brings darkness to light.