Monday, July 25, 2011

This was supposed to be a pretty post!

Yesterday was Pioneer Day which, apparently, is a really big thing in Utah. Fireworks have been going off all week (really super duper annoying if you ask me), there was a parade today, and a lot of businesses are closed. 

Pioneer Day started as a Church holiday to celebrate the Mormon Pioneers that crossed the country in the 1800's. It's a pretty cool holiday and I was planning on doing a separate post on it, but I got lazy. :( So long post in one sentence so I can get to my main story: Pioneer Day means a lot to me because, while I didn't have to cross the country by foot toting a hand cart behind me, I did come to Salt Lake City to find a place where I belong. I really do have so much more appreciation for every single pioneer that made it to the Salt Lake Valley and am thankful for the ones that didn't make it as well. Their pioneer spirit gives me hope and comfort that I really did make the right decision.  

(okay. That was like 3 sentences. But, at least I didn't go off on a tangent right?!) 

So, a lot of places in the valley were closed today, including the company that T works for! Yay Right?! Last night we were talking about what we wanted to do. I didn't really want to go fight the crowds in SLC for the Pioneer Day (and I really didn't want to be there by like 8am either) After a little thinking, T suggested we go on a hike down in Provo Canyon! He said he knew of a really easy hike calle Stewart Falls and that it was really pretty and I would love it. 

After quickly texting my sister to ask what exactly one should wear on a hike (I'm a city girl, okay?!) I agreed and got really excited after I google imaged Stewart Falls. It was really pretty! And of course I got really excited because I'd have some really pretty pictures to go on my blog!

Fast forward to this morning and my sore throat that had been bugging me for the past couple of days hadn't gotten better. :( Then, I looked in the mirror and saw those nasty little white spots that signal one thing: Strep Throat! :( 

So instead of going here: 
(image source)


I spent my morning here: 

:( 

T was a trooper though and was really cool about it. He promised that we could go another time! After my morning at the Urgent Care and Target to get my prescriptions filled, I went home and curled up on the couch with some herbal tea and a sleepy puppy. 

Here's to getting better soon! 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ohhhhhh nooooo! Poor girl! Glad you had a great nurse! Puppies are always the best at that. :0)