Friday, July 29, 2011

Stewart Falls hike! finally!

Since my strep got way better, on Wednesday T and I decided to do the hike we were supposed to do on Monday. It was pretty all day. Sunny, nice, not too hot but not too cold either. Perfect hiking weather right?

So I got my hiking shoes on: 



And got my hiking gear on...(I wasn't quite sure what to wear on a hike. My sister said shorts and a t-shirt, so thats what I wore. ha.) 

Kissed Charlie goodbye and hopped into the car! 

Literally moments after I get into the car and get onto the interstate, I see clouds moving in over the valley. This is something I love/hate about Utah so far. You can literally see the weather moving in...and the weather? It's bipolar sometimes. As I was driving down to Provo, it was raining a torrential downpour over i-15 while west of me on the other side of the valley, it was bright and sunny. Huh?

I figured since Utah weather is very bipolar, it would be nonexistent when I got down to Provo. Welp, I was wrong. I got to watch another storm move across Utah Lake. It was probably the coolest thing I've ever seen, even though it meant our hike probably wasn't going to happen. Bummer man. :( 

BUT WAIT! When I got to T's house, we decided that we'd just take a drive into Provo Canyon and see...maybe we could go anyways. Maybe by the time we got up into the mountains it wouldn't be raining. So we drove up into Provo Canyon and up into Sundance (yeah man, like Sundance film festival!) and then finally to the trail head. And low and behold...it had stopped!!!!

Then...10 minutes into the hike it started to rain. And it continued to rain. And there was thunder. And maybe a little lighting. It was OH SO worth it though! 

T thought this guy was going to the bathroom. I was REALLY hoping he was right, because "that would make a great story for my blog!" yeah. I need help. 




We made it!!! 

We stopped at Bridal Veil Falls on the way back. So pretty! 




No comments: